Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
"Sauteing the garlic, onion, mushrooms, spinach, and soy crumbles before mixing with Grandpa Pete’s Marinara Sauce, make this recipe a keeper!”
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 1/3 cups frozen sausage-style soy-protein crumbles
2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
½ cup coarsely chopped onion
1 can of Grandpa Pete’s Marinara Sauce
1/2 pkg. (8 oz.) Farfalle pasta
2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
¼ cup shredded mozzarella or Parmesan cheese
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat. Add farfalle pasta, and cook until al dente, 6 to 8 minutes; drain and keep warm.
2. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes. Mix in the chopped onions and mushrooms; cook until they begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
3. Add soy crumbles, stirring frequently, until crumbles are hot and tender.
4. Stir in Grandpa Pete’s Marinara Sauce and pasta; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add spinach; cook uncovered 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until spinach is hot and beginning to wilt. Sprinkle with cheese.